Aggie Wants to Know #4: I want to see and know YOU!

>> Friday, October 10, 2008

Aggie wants to know me!

"I want to SEE you. Post your most recent pictures. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t look great. I want to see more than what is a normal avatar. Take note that it needs to be RECENT. Can you believe I can use an avatar dated 2 years ago? Time for things to change :)

Secondly, I want to KNOW you. Just YOU. Sans kids, the husband, just YOU. I have a lot of ME tags in my blog – you can use that. What do I want to read: You – Now. It can be as simple as “I love Coke.” or as complex as “I am the crossroads of my life.”

So here I am! Sans Photoshop editing ha. Hehe. This self-portrait was taken on the first day of the month.What I am going to share is related to work because this has been the most significant change that I've faced recently. About 2-3 months ago, I was transferred to another office and assigned with new tasks which are more demanding, energy and patience-consuming. This was not the original plan. I was supposed to transfer to another office which could have utilized my creative skills. However, God has other plans and He placed me where I am right now - where I am more needed. I love my new job, despite the detractors and the stress that goes with it.

I can't say that this is the best job coz it's not. Since I transfered there, I can hardly prepare a decent dinner for my family anymore. I hate going home feeling so wasted! I've also developed migraine and am anemic (again). I was not even promoted! However, I am privileged to work with our best students and at the same time, deal with the problematic ones. Just imagine my anxiety whenever I see a security guard approaching our office! A visit from one could mean another disciplinary case which needs to be dealt with. It's not a bed of roses, really.

Remember that we are nanny-less. Thus, I am grateful to my understanding husband who makes up for what I fail to do, to my father who is always there to support and assist and take care of us, and to my daughter who understands that Mommy is tired and can't read her a book. They understand that I need this job, not just for financial reasons but more importantly, for professional growth. This is a big break given to me and I am very grateful to the persons who trusted me with this.

More than ever, I now look forward to weekends - to just being with my husband and kid. I know they make me crazy but still, they keep me grounded and sane. They help me cope with the challenges that I have to face each day. I look forward to spending time online, to trying to scrap a page even if I fail, reading books which have been collecting dusts and praying. These keep me sane. Yes, the house is still messy. And I still need to organize, be more healthy and disciplined. But for now, I don't want to make my life more difficult. Balance can be a tough thing but I am holding on for I believe that this is temporary and better days are coming.

2 comments:

iNg October 10, 2008 at 11:13 PM  

nice to know you more suz... tnx to aggie for this too. hehehe...

life's not always a bed of roses but with every achievement and failure, it always make us a better person for ourselves, our husbands & kids, and for our families. keep on keeping on. God's always there, He never fails.

ingats... :)

Litzie,  October 12, 2008 at 10:26 PM  

Very well said Suz. Nice to know more about you...

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome. But due to some spammers, I have to moderate them. Thank you!

Header Credits

Full of Life & Joyful Digital Kits by Jennifer Labre Designs | Pacifico Font